BOS – Back Office System
The Back Office System is the core application that controls the station and also enables the station managers access to all the functions needed for controlling both the fuels and dry products or services which can be sold at POS. It is a collection of functional modules providing full control and monitoring of the station’s retail business. Each module and function can be accessed by site operators only according with the role allocated for their application user, with each role having full customization options.
The application is developed using the newest advancements in technology and programming languages and paradigms, providing a future proof system that can be easily maintained and extended.
Having an HTML5 web-based graphical user interface, the BOS application allows easy access with any modern internet browser application no matter where the user is located. Depending on the screen size of the device being used (desktop PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone) the application will scale so that maximum efficiency is accomplished operating it.
Products Catalog Management
The Products Catalog Management area allows the site manager to define the fuel products and the dry products of the store.
Product definition is the first step to define the proper pricing policy, to maintain control of the margins and the stock. The BOS application allows either setting the product configuration locally or receiving it from the external Retail Head Office when working in conjunction with it.
Each item may be characterized by setting several attributes which allow activating specific policies to each item. Examples are the negative sale, the inventory management and the re-ordering rules. Products can be grouped according to a merchandise category tree for category reporting and facilitated lookup. It is also possible to configure custom product groups for facilitating other task such as inventory counts.
- WET products configuration management
- Shop products and services management
- Multiple barcodes per product
- Recipes management
- Suppliers / products matrix (with acquisition price)
- Products categories tree
- VAT categories and rates
- Units of measurement
- Methods of payment definition
- Product sale prices change (with shelf labels generation)
- Restaurant zones
- Restaurant tables – with visual manager
- Quick access buttons for products at POS
The Back Office System can support all the replenishment process from inventory monitoring, ordering, goods receiving, up to supplier invoices registration and the invoice matching with orders and delivery notes for both wet and dry products
- Ordering (min/max stock levels, reordering quantities, delivery time, supplier’s minimal quantity, automatic orders and automatic order proposals)
- Receiving dry goods from supplier (with legal required document generation)
- Receiving fuel from supplier (with legal required document generation)
- Returns to supplier
- Transfers to and from another station (with legal required document generation)
- Suppliers management (multiple suppliers per product, priority logic for automatic orders or orders proposal)
- Stock adjusting – Corrections & Scrapping
- Sale to invoice
- Inventory adjustments
- Real time inventory
- Inventory reconciliation
Where desired, the system can also be configured to integrate the above processes with different flows driven by the central Retail Head Office system.
The Database stores every detail of the sales and all other events and inventory movement. This huge amount of data is available to the site manager in the form of different reports.
Using these reports allows the site manager to maintain a clear understanding of the development of site business and to set the more appropriate actions. Depending on the report, data can be presented in various charting forms.
The following main reports are available, with the export possibility for each of them:
- Day End and Shifts reports (detailed on various types of aggregation, reconciliation by sales/pumps/tanks)
- Detailed sales report – for period
- Aggregated sales report – for period – by method of payment, by category, by day, etc.
- Pumps report – electronic counters
- Pumps report – transaction details
- Tanks report – current stocks
- Tanks report – deliveries detected by the TGS
- Stock inventory reports
- Stock history reports
- Employee Shift report
- Profit and loss reports
- Other custom reports agreed on project basis
In the BOS application the station manager can administer all the Security Roles and Users used to access both Point of Sale and Back Office System.
It supports defining as many roles and users are necessary, with complete control over the security rights granted for each final user. In this regard, a security role can have any combination of security rights, and a user can be part of multiple security roles, as derived from the day to day needs.
For each operation (ex. Products Catalog, Fuel Receiving) there are security rights that allow you to view, create & modify or validate documents.
All security changes are logged and kept in the database for complete traceability of the operations executed by each user.
As a companion for the BOS application you have the Station Settings application. With the help of this application, the service technician can configure all the forecourt devices and other special settings.
With the help of an easy to use step by step wizard, the technician can configure the Fuels, Tanks, Pumps and Nozzles, ATG system, Price Pole, can define POS’s and Card Terminals or setup station parameters.
After setting all these above, the technician can use the application to check the existing configuration in the Forecourt Controller (DOMS PSS or PetroSol FCC) and update if necessary with a single click, without having to duplicate the work and setup manually the Forecourt Controller.